ARCS advocates for humanitarian policies to that improve the lives of people in conflict areas across Syria. We ensure leadership on relief assistance, crisis priorities, and advance advocacy agendas on all levels of government, domestically and internationally.
In efforts to achieve better outcomes for people in Syria and neighboring countries, ARCS members work to:
- Advocate to all levels of government, including the White House, Department of State,
- Department of Homeland Security, UN Security Council, UN agencies, and Congress for robust and comprehensive humanitarian policies for Syria.
- Produce updates from the field on the needs and challenges of civilians and humanitarians inside of Syria.
- Collaborate with Oxfam America and other international organizations on advocacy and messaging efforts.
- Bank Derisking. ARCS is working with the World Bank, representatives from the US government, nonprofit sector, bankers, bank examiners, and academics to find a solution to the problem many organizations face with bank account closures and in transferring money abroad.