We invite you to explore the many opportunities of joining ARCS and member organizations.
Open Positions at ARCS
Applications Due: January 31st, 2020
ARCS is looking for a Coordinator to support our mission of proving a platform and amplifying the voices of the Syrian-American community. The Coordinator will play a crucial role in our coalition and help to advance the goals of ARCS and our member organizations. This position is a part-time position until March 16th, when it becomes a full-time position.
Location of position: Washington, DC
- Lead in the operational management of a 501(c)3 coalition.
- Maintain proper project financial control, monitoring, and documentation.
- Support the leadership team in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Prepare reports throughout the year to track financial activity, member organization payment, and general budgetary tasks.
- Outreach and Advocacy:
- Advocate on behalf of the coalition to US Congress, State Department, National Security Council, think tanks, and the United Nations.
- Represent ARCS at meetings and coordinate advocacy efforts with partnering organizations, including InterAction, Charity and Security Network, and others.
- Initiate and organize advocacy opportunities for ARCS members.
- Grants Management
- Manage 2019 and 2020 grants from a large INGO partner, including reporting, budgeting, and all other grant-related activities.
- Identify and apply for grant funding opportunities for the coalition.
- Work with coalition members to prepare USAID grants proposals.
- Coalition Building
- Coordinate with the members of the ARCS coalition, particularly the Executive Committee, to create and promote unified messaging and projects.
- Arrange and lead monthly Executive Committee calls and ad hoc calls when necessary.
- Work to grow and strengthen the network of Syrian diaspora led humanitarian organizations nationwide.
- Communications and Branding
- Plan and execute a communications strategy, in collaboration with senior leaders, to advance the ARCS brand identity, broaden awareness of its collaborative initiatives and priorities, and increase visibility among a national and international NGO community.
- Ensure alignment of ARCS mission, vision, values and priorities with a marketing mix that is compelling, relevant, measurable and effective.
- Consistently connect with communication departments within member organizations, major partners and relief organizations, UN agencies, and others to coordinate a cohesive message.
- Handle external inquiries including media inquiries and ensure that all messaging and published pieces are branded appropriately.
- Oversee the production of the organization's marketing materials, including newsletters, annual reports, donor updates, brochures, and other publications.
- Maintain and update ARCS website and social media.
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in related fields.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills; ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize effectively.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent knowledge and ability with Microsoft Office and e-mail marketing platforms.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English. Arabic language skills preferred.
Please see the link on the position title for full details.
Open Internships at ARCS:
ARCS is currently accepting applications for Summer 2020 internship opportunities. To apply, send in a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample (no more than 3 pages) to info(at)arcsyria.org.
Outreach and Development Intern- DC-based only
Communications and Marketing Intern- DC or Remote
Don't forget to check out members' websites for volunteer opportunities!